Deep Dish Chocolate Chip Chickpea Cookie
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Cara Lanzi Simply Honest Kitchen:
2 14 ounce cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 cup organic quick oats
¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
½ teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup coconut sugar
1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350ᵒ F. Line a 10-inch round cake pan with parchment paper and grease with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In the work bowl of a food processor, add the chickpeas, oats, applesauce, coconut oil, vanilla, baking soda, baking powder, salt and coconut sugar. Process until smooth.
- With a spatula, mix in chocolate chips and pour the batter into the prepared cake pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Remove from the oven and let stand until cooled, about 15 minutes.
- With a butter knife, separate the crust of the pie from the sides of the cake pan. Place a large plate on top of the cake pan and quickly flip the pan upside down to remove the pie from cake pan. Place a serving plate on top of the now inverted cookie pie and flip so that the pie is now right side up.
- Slice and serve.